ARKANSAS, USA — Update at 8:45 p.m. - The Associated Press has declared Sarah Huckabee Sanders (R) and Chris Jones (D) as the Republican and Democratic nominees in the Arkansas governor's race.
Arkansans are headed to the polls this Tuesday, May 24, for primary voting to determine who will appear on ballots during the 2022 midterm elections in November.
On Tuesday, Arkansas voters will determine nominees for races including governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general and the U.S. Senate.
The polls open at 7:30 a.m. and will close at 7:30 p.m.
Download the 5NEWS App to stay updated on all the races throughout election night.
Below are the results for the Republican and Democratic primaries for the U.S. Senate seat.
Arkansas Governor primary candidates and results
Results to begin updating after polls close at 7:30 p.m.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders was formerly the White House Press Secretary during the Trump administration. Sanders is heavily favored in Tuesday's Republican primary after shattering fundraising records and blanketing the state with ads focused on national issues., according to the Associated Press.
- Doc Washburn is a long-shot challenger of Sanders who formerly hosted a radio talk show.
- Anthony Bland is a former businessman and current educator in Little Rock. He says his campaign itself sets him apart.
- Chris Jones has separated himself from the field, polling very high among Democratic voters, according to Talk Business and Politics. He’s the only Democrat who can take on the likely Republican nominee Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
- Jay Martin spent 2003 to 2006 in the State House and was elected majority leader during that time. He says while economic development is the number one issue on his agenda, the state must address the mental health crisis.
- Supha Xayprasith Mays is a former Walmart executive. In her campaign, she has referred to Arkansans as shareholders and says she’ll be the most transparent governor to the shareholders.
- James Russell has worked in the healthcare field for several years. He says what separates him from the field is his not being afraid to be outspoken on the issue.
HOW TO ADD THE 5NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KFSM in the Channel Store.
For Fire TV, search for "KFSM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email KFSMDigitalTeam@tegna.com.