FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Today’s a big day for 5NEWS. We’ve launched two new digital products: a new app and a new website.
If you had our old app, it will no longer update for iPhone users. You’ll need to go to the app store and download the new one.
Our new app has:
- Alerts: Receiving breaking news alerts, plus hyper-local weather alerts based on your location
- Favorites: Pick the topics that you want to follow
- Hyperlocal Weather: In addition to the 5NEWS forecast, you can set a personalized forecast for your location
- Live Video: Watch our newscasts on the go, and stream live breaking news updates
- Closings & Delays: Get information on school closings and delays as they happen
- Sharing: Send stories and videos directly to your friends and family
- Social Media: See tweets from our weather team and other 5NEWS reporters directly on the app
The 5NEWS app is updated regularly, so that we can make it better for you. For the best experience, we encourage you to turn on automatic updates to make sure you get all of the latest features and improvements. The 5NEWS app is optimized for the following devices and operating systems:
- iPhone XS & XR using operating system 12.0.1 and above
- iPhone 6s, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X, iPad Pro 12.9", iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 using operating system 11.4.1 and above
- Android Samsung Galaxy S9, Pixel 3 using operating system 9.1.0 “Pie” and above
- Android Samsung Galaxy S9, S8+ using operating system 8.1.0 “Oreo” and above
- Android Samsung Galaxy S8, S7 Edge and S7 using operating system 7.1.2 “Nougat” and above
Our website hasn't changed. While we have a fresh look, all of the content that you love is still there. You can find weather forecasts, live newscasts, plus local shows such as Adventure Arkansas.
As with any change, there will probably be things you like…maybe love?!...and maybe don’t like that much at all. That’s why we want to hear from you. Send your feedback to KFSMDigitalTeam@tegna.com so we can make this the best experience for you.