5NEWS Meteorologists have declared a Weather Alert Day for all of NW Arkansas, Eastern Oklahoma, & the Arkansas River Valley.
An outbreak of tornadoes and severe storms is expected across Oklahoma and Kansas late this evening. The threat will shift east after-dark.
Severe storms are likely as the line of storms moves into Arkansas late tonight.
Timeline: 10pm to 3am
(This image shows 10pm Tuesday with strong to severe storms in Eastern Oklahoma about to transition into Arkansas)
Here’s what to expect with the forecast:
- Severe storms nearing Arkansas/Oklahoma Line by midnight
- Damaging wind likely. Some pockets of rotation possible
- Rain totals 1″+ especially south of I40
Here’s what to expect from us today:
- Special video forecasts on 5NEWSonline.com this afternoon
- Weather blogs focusing on the threat and timing as system evolves
- Facebook LIVE sessions this evening
- Updates at 5/6pm on 5NEWS as storms erupt in Oklahoma with helicopter LIVE feeds from our sister stations when available
- Radar first on 5NEWS at 10pm
- Staffing overnight with coverage as severe storms hit
- Follow-up reports and LIVE radar on 5NEWS Wednesday morning starting at 4:30am.
Click here for more information on “What is a Weather Alert Day?”