FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Northwest Arkansas and the River Valley with bone-chilling temperatures and snow on the radar. Get the latest information on the storm here.
Chief Meteorologist Garret Lewis and Meteorologists Tyler Moore, Michelle Trotter and Dax Clark will be tracking the winter storm through the entire event.
GET WEATHER ALERTS WHERE YOU LIVE THROUGH THE 5NEWS APP: Download here
Timeline for arctic freeze
Wednesday Update -
- A Winter Storm Warningcontinues on Wednesday
- The heaviest snow moved in overnight. Flurries of snow are possible through the rest of the day with at least 1 inch of accumulation.
You can find a list of school closures in Northwest Arkansas & the River Valley here. This list will be updated throughout Sunday. Some business closings will also be added to the list.
Wednesday Updates -
- Washington Regional inclement weather operations for Thursday, February 18:
- In-person appointments at primary care and specialty clinics, except HerHealth Clinic and Walker Heart Institute Cardiovascular Clinic in Fayetteville, are canceled for Thursday, with limited exceptions based on urgency. Affected patients will be contacted and given the option of a virtual visit if appropriate or will be able to reschedule.
- Washington Regional drive-thru COVID-19 testing is closed through Friday. Individuals who need COVID testing through Friday can be seen at the Urgent Care facility in Fayetteville, which will be open during normal business hours.
- Washington Regional COVID-19 vaccination events are canceled through Friday and will resume on Monday. Individuals with vaccination appointments scheduled for this week will be contacted to reschedule.
- Washington Regional Urgent Care locations in Bentonville, Harrison, Rogers and Springdale will be open, weather permitting. Please call to confirm hours.
- The Fort Smith Gerber factory will be closed on Thursday.
- All American Red Cross blood drives scheduled for Wednesday have been canceled.
- Mercy Clinics in Northwest Arkansas will begin seeing patients at noon Wednesday.
- The Northwest Arkansas Food Bank says they are closed Wednesday. There will be no Mobile Pantries on Thursday in Elkins or Huntsville, and there will be no Mobile Pantries in Winslow on Saturday.
- Crystal Bridges and the Momentary are closed Wednesday.
- The Washington County Department of Human Services will be closed Wednesday due to inclement weather.
- Cherokee Nation casinos and businesses are extending their temporary closures through Friday as the region continues to face utility shortages and inclement weather.
- Ozark Regional Transit buses will not be operating on Wednesday.
- Tyson Foods Plant in Fort Smith will be closed on Wednesday and return to operation on Thursday.
Important Updates -
Tips for keeping safe
RELATED: Your pipes froze - What to do next
Translated in Spanish: