ARKANSAS, USA — According to GasBuddy, the average gas price in Arkansas has fallen below $3, dropping nearly 11 cents in the last week.
In a report released on Nov. 28, the average price at the pump averaged $2.99 per gallon after a survey of over 1,800 gas stations in Arkansas.
"As millions of Americans hit the road for Thanksgiving, we saw gasoline prices continue dropping coast to coast last week, and a new record was set for the largest single day decline in the national average. In addition, 47 of the nation's 50 states have seen diesel prices falling as well, providing well-needed relief ahead of the holidays and helping to stem the rise in inflation," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy.
Gas prices in Arkansas are almost 24 cents less than it was a month ago and nearly one cent lower than this time last year.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Arkansas was priced at $2.49/g yesterday while the most expensive was $3.79/g, a difference of $1.30 per gallon.
Nationally, the average gas price has fallen 12.4 cents per gallon in the last week at an average of $3.52/g.
Historical gas prices in Arkansas and the national average going back ten years:
- November 28, 2021: $3.00/g (U.S. Average: $3.37/g)
- November 28, 2020: $1.83/g (U.S. Average: $2.11/g)
- November 28, 2019: $2.28/g (U.S. Average: $2.60/g)
- November 28, 2018: $2.20/g (U.S. Average: $2.50/g)
- November 28, 2017: $2.25/g (U.S. Average: $2.49/g)
- November 28, 2016: $1.89/g (U.S. Average: $2.13/g)
- November 28, 2015: $1.86/g (U.S. Average: $2.04/g)
- November 28, 2014: $2.59/g (U.S. Average: $2.78/g)
- November 28, 2013: $3.07/g (U.S. Average: $3.27/g)
- November 28, 2012: $3.18/g (U.S. Average: $3.41/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Memphis: $3.17/g, down 6.2 cents per gallon from last week's $3.23/g
- Little Rock: $2.92/g, down 9.6 cents per gallon from last week's $3.01/g
- Shreveport: $2.82/g, down 14.6 cents per gallon from last week's $2.97/g
"All the metrics look very positive for motorists as this week is likely to continue seeing falling gasoline prices, with many areas falling to the lowest level since Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February. It's entirely possible the national average price of gasoline could fall under $3 per gallon by Christmas, which would be a huge gift to unwrap for motorists after a dizzying year at the pump," De Haan said.
Download the 5NEWS app on your smartphone:
Stream 5NEWS 24/7 on the 5+ app: How to watch the 5+ app on your streaming device
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email KFSMDigitalTeam@tegna.com and detail which story you're referring to.