TUCSON, Ariz. — The 2020 Tokyo Paralympics will feature incredible athletes from all across the world. From archery to wheelchair rugby, there will be some amazing performances in a variety of sports.
And if you're planning on watching any of the Games, chances are you won't have to look very far to find an athlete with connections to the University of Arizona.
Here's a list of all of the UArizona athletes set to compete in the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
- Kaitlyn Verfeurth | 3x Paralympian | UArizona ‘12, BA in Psychology
Women’s Wheelchair Basketball Team USA
- Josie Aslakson | First-time Paralympian | New UArizona women’s basketball head coach
- Darlene Hunter | 3x Paralympics, Won Gold in 2016 | UArizona '04 Psychology (undergraduate)
- Courtney Ryan | First-time Paralympian | UArizona '14, Special Education, and Assistant Coach for UArizona women’s basketball
- Bryan Barten | 3x Paralympian | UArizona ’02, M.A. Rehabilitation Counseling; UArizona ’99, B.S. Geography and Regional Development
- Dana Mathewson | 2x Paralympian | UArizona ’13, Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences; UArizona ‘20, Audiology
- Chad Cohn | 3x Paralympian, winner of bronze (2012) and silver (2016) | Current head coach of UArizona wheelchair rugby program
- Josh Wheeler | 2x Paralympian, winner of silver in 2016 | Full-time student at the University of Arizona
Good luck to all the Team USA athletes as they compete in this year's Paralympic Games. For more coverage of the Tokyo Paralympics, visit 12news.com/Paralympics.
12 News on YouTube
Watch more of our Tokyo Paralympics coverage on our 12 News YouTube channel. Subscribe today!