ARKANSAS, USA — 9:05 p.m. Update: The Associated Press has declared Sen. John Boozman as the winner of the Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate primary race. The Democratic nominee has not been determined yet.
Arkansans are headed to the polls this Tuesday, May 24, for primary voting to determine who will appear on ballots during the 2022 midterm elections in November.
On Tuesday, Arkansas voters will determine nominees for races including governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general and the U.S. Senate.
The polls open at 7:30 a.m. and will close at 7:30 p.m.
Download the 5NEWS App to stay updated on all the races throughout election night.
Below are the results for the Republican and Democratic primaries for the U.S. Senate seat.
Arkansas U.S. Senate seat state primary candidates and results:
(Results will update after polls close at 7:30)
Republican Primary Candidates
- Heath Loftis - A pastor from Stuttgart, Ark., and former U.S. Marine, running on a First Amendment agenda.
- Jan Morgan - An Arkansas gun rights activist who ran unsuccessfully for governor three years ago.
- Jake Bequette - Former Arkansas Razorback, NFL player and Army ranger.
- Senator John Boozman - One of Arkansas' current U.S. Senate members is looking to hold onto his seat through a former President Trump endorsement. Boozman has served two terms in U.S. Senate.
Democratic Primary Candidates
- Dan Whitfield - A Pea Ridge native running as a common sense Democrat.
- Jack Foster - A former Pine Bluff council member
- Natalie James - A Little Rock real estate agent
HOW TO ADD THE 5NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KFSM in the Channel Store.
For Fire TV, search for "KFSM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email KFSMDigitalTeam@tegna.com.