SPRINGDALE, Ark. — The Springdale Fire Department responded to an ammonia leak at Cargill Meat Solutions in Springdale.
Around 10:20 a.m. Thursday (July 30), the Springdale Fire Department was called to 730 E. Randall Wobbe Ln., Cargill Meat Solutions, for a reported hazardous materials incident.
Several fire trucks and the department's Haz-Mat Response Team met with Cargill's internal plant Haz-Mat team and coordinated a plan to stop a leak of liquid ammonia.
The leak was controlled around 12:15 p.m. and no Cargill personnel were injured.
No fire department personnel were injured either.
The leak was contained to the plant property and there was no contamination to any adjacent properties.