SPRINGDALE (KFSM) — Emergency utility work and an annual tradition will close portions of several roads in Springdale this week.
Emergency utility work has reduced Old Wire Road between East Randall Wobbe Lane and Dodd Avenue in north Springdale to one lane. The closure will continue until Saturday (April 6), and delays can be expected in the area.
On Saturday, the Hogeye Marathon takes place starting at 7 a.m. The event, which also includes a half-marathon, 4-person relay, 5K and Kid Run, will close several streets throughout downtown at various intervals.
Here is a list of those street closures:
- Emma Avenue from Shiloh to Railroad Tracks — 4:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Emma to Old Missouri — 6:30-7:30 a.m.
- Northbound Johnson Road from Johnson Mill to Don Tyson until runners have cleared — 7:45-10 a.m. approximate
- Elmore from Main St to Johnson Road — 7:45-10 a.m. approximate
- Hewitt from Main St to Elmore — 8-10:15 a.m. approximate
- Watkins from 56th St to 48th St — 8:15-11:15 a.m.
- Chapman St. from 40th St to Carley closed to through traffic — 8:15-11:45 a.m. approximate
- Chapman from Carley to Johnson Road — 8:15-11:45 a.m. approximate
- Spring St between Emma & Johnson —7-10 a.m.
- Holcomb between Meadow and Emma — 4 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
- Johnson Ave from Shiloh to Spring open but limited — until runners have cleared
- Meadow from Main to Commercial open but limited — until runners have cleared
- Kids Run: Meadow- RR tracks to Park — 1-3 p.m.
More information on the Hogeye Marathon, including maps of routes, can be found here.