ALMA (KFSM) — Lightning caused a house to catch fire north of Alma, damaging the attic and the stove ventilation system.
Brad Thomas, Crawford County Emergency Manager, said firefighters responded to a home last night that had been hit by lightning during the storms.
The home, at 1124 E. Newberry Lane, had a fire in the kitchen as a result of a lightning strike.
The occupants of the rental home said the strike happened about 1 a.m. Wednesday. The bolt blew up a 220-volt wire and caught the home’s attic and stove ventilation system on fire.
Firefighters managed to contain the fire to that area.