x
Breaking News
More () »

Investigators Call Early Morning Fort Smith House Fire “Suspicious”

FORT SMITH (KFSM) – Investigators are calling an early morning house fire suspicious after a rental home went up in flames Wednesday (Dec. 10). Crews responded ...

FORT SMITH (KFSM) – Investigators are calling an early morning house fire suspicious after a rental home went up in flames Wednesday (Dec. 10).

Crews responded around 3:30 a.m. to 4414 Kinkead Ave. in reference to a house fire at the location. Responding firefighters immediately saw smoke billowing from the roof, according to the Fort Smith Fire Department. It took crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the flames.

The fire may have been caused by an electrical problem, although authorities are calling it suspicious while they continue their investigation.

The house received severe damage and is considered a total loss, according to the fire department. The floors were charred, and the walls were blackened. Few items were in the house because it is a rental home that is currently vacant, authorities said.