FORT SMITH (KFSM) — The city sanitation department is asking those who experienced tree damage from the recent storms to collect their vegetative debris and follow some guidelines.
The city of Fort Smith requests that residents of Fort Smith bring their vegetative debris, (trees, branches, etc.) to the curb over the next two-week period.
- Debris should be separated into two different piles, with one pile complying to the normal pick-up requirements: bags weighing not over 50 lbs., limbs not over 4 feet in length and not exceeding 3 inches in diameter.
- The limbs can be bundled, with bundles not to exceed 18 inches in diameter.
- The material will be picked up on normal scheduled collection dates.
- Larger trees and limbs should be brought to the curb, separate from the normal collection material, and will be collected over the next-two week period.
- Debris should be cut into manageable pieces, not to exceed 6 feet in length.
The collection period for this event July 18 – July 29, 2016. For more information, the office phone number is (479) 784-2350.