A man was sent to the hospital Tuesday night after the Fort Smith house he was in caught fire.
Emergency crews responded to a house fire on North D. Street, where they came across a man that had been house sitting. He was transported to a local hospital with smoke inhalation, authorities said.
Firefighters on scene said the fire started from a light fixture that overheated. The man at the home was able to put out the fire before crews arrived.
Fire crews estimate the damage at around $750. The home belongs to Nathan Young’s wife. He was killed earlier this year in a machete attack right across the street.