Some local homes and rental units were evacuated Thursday as family chefs scorched their meals on Thanksgiving, according to area fire crews and police.
The Springdale Fire Department responded early Thursday afternoon to 605 S. Cleveland St. in reference to a possible fire. The site, which police said was a rental unit, was evacuated, after which crews found that food inside one of the units had been burned, causing smoke, according to the Springdale police dispatch log.
No one was hurt in that incident, and residents were later allowed to re-enter the home.
Local fire crews also responded to another call in Lowell on Dixieland Street, after a woman allegedly left food in the oven for too long, leading to smoke and a call to area authorities, according to Springdale police.
There were no reported injuries in that fire call, according to police logs.