ARKANSAS (KFSM) — Execution dates are set for eight inmates on death row in the Arkansas Department of Corrections.
Governor Asa Hutchinson set the dates Monday (Feb. 27). The eight, who have all been convicted of capital murder, will be put to death via lethal inject during April.
“This action is necessary to fulfill the requirement of the law, but it is also important to bring closure to the victims’ families who have lived with the court appeals and uncertainty for a very long time,” Hutchinson said.
The execution dates were set as follows:
- Kenneth Williams – April 27, 2017
- Bruce Ward – April 17, 2017
- Stacey Johnson – April 20, 2017
- Don Williamson Davis – April 17, 2017
- Ledell Lee – April 20, 2017
- Jack Harold Jones – April 24, 2017
- Jason McGehee – April 27, 2017
- Marcel Williams – April 24, 2017