FORT SMITH, Ark. — A community health fair will be held on Oct. 29 at St. James Missionary Baptist in Fort Smith.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., anyone can receive free health screenings and vaccines during the event.
The health fair is being hosted by the Arkansas Minority Health Commission (AMHC), the Sebastian County branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), and Baptist Health.
Flu and COVID-19 shots will be available.
Health screenings include:
- Blood pressure
- Bone density
- CPR demonstrations
- Mammogram education
- Information about strokes and heart attacks
The vendors and additional participants will include:
• Arkansas Regional Organ Recovery Agency, Inc. (ARORA)
• Baptist Health
• Coleman Pharmacy
• Comprehensive Juvenile Services
• CPR Demonstration
• Don W. Reynolds Cancer Support House
• Fort Smith Police Department
• Lewis Eady Insurance Agency
• Lupus Foundation of Arkansas, Inc.
• Massage Therapy by Doretha Massey
• Mercy Community Health and Access
• the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith School of Nursing
• Veasley Funeral Home
Download the 5NEWS app on your smartphone:
Stream 5NEWS 24/7 on the 5+ app: How to watch the 5+ app on your streaming device
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email KFSMDigitalTeam@tegna.com.