FORT SMITH, Arkansas — Farmers and Artisans Market is new and will be hosted once a month in the Chaffee Crossing Historic Area of Fort Smith beginning May 1.
The market will be held May through October on the parking lot of the Chaffee Barbershop Museum located at 7313 Terry St. in Fort Smith.
Each market will have a festival-style atmosphere, wrapping farmer, artist, artisan, crafter, and non-profit vendor booths with activities, food trucks, demonstrations, kid’s games and activities, and live musical entertainment.
Market hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Chaffee Crossing Historic Preservation Organization (CCCHPO), a 501(c)3 entity is the host for the market. CCHPO is still accepting vendors for all market dates. If you are interested in becoming a vendor, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your information and the type of products you would sell.
Vendor booths are $120 for the full season (six dates) and $30 per individual market date.
Special rates for farmers with produce:
- $50 for full season (six dates)
- $10 per individual market date.
Break Out Market is May 1. Break out of your Covid coma, break out of your pajamas, break out of your house and come shop and play in the beautiful Chaffee Crossing Historic Area.
May 1 Vendor products include:
- garden plants
- baby chicks
- handmade woodcraft items
- garden planters and benches
- jewelry, soaps and essential oils
- local honey
- henna body art
- handcrafted knives, canes and walking sticks
- resin art
- fiber art
- all-natural lip balms
- face masks
- home décor
- paw bombs for dogs and more
- Pottery throwing by Cre8ive Arts Network members Featured food truck: Poor Man’s Pizza Face Painting – Natasha Griffin
- Yoga class by Bliss Yoga by Pearl (Bring your own mat)
- 9:30 Kids guided bike rides and safety tips hosted by Iron Sharpens Iron Cycling/Joel Duignan. The first 40 kids to sign up receive a FREE bicycle helmet provided by Champion Cycling. Bring your bike and ride with the group around the CCHD!
- 10:00 a.m. community bike ride around Chaffee Crossing
- 10:30 a.m. kid’s pound class with Ginger Pellam
- 11:00 a.m. Sons of Turner will perform on the Blue Suede Stage next to the market venue Chaffee Barbershop Museum and Museum of Chaffer History will be open—FREE admission FUTURE MARKET DATES (Activities listed may change)
- My City Is A Fort: They are resurrecting the Fort Smith Bicentennial cardboard fort building contest for kids. Lots of vendors, fun games for kids, snow cones, bounce around, and more! Live music by 357 Band
- American Pie: Pie-judging contest, pie-making demos, seasonal vegetables, and fruits. Food trucks, live music and more. Tentative: car show
- Summer Send-Off: Kids will have a great time with one last summer blast. Beach theme, snow cones, bounce around, etc. Drum activities with music. Food trucks, live music and more.
- Rockin’ Good Time: A full day of music and fun with market 9a-2p, Whitney’s Race 5k/10k for pancreatic cancer research at 3:00, wrapping up the day with more live music. Race vendors, farmers, artisans, crafters selling offering early Christmas shopping opportunities, late summer produce.
Fall Frenzy: Fall produce, early Christmas shopping, festival food truck(s), live music, kid’s games and more. Hoping to have straw bales for sale, pumpkins, gourds, etc. Tentative: cornhole tournament. November 13-10th Annual Regional Veterans Day Parade
Follow these social media pages for updates and announcements as well as info on vendors: