CRAWFORD COUNTY, ARKANSAS, Ark. — The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) has issued the "Boil Water" notice as a precautionary measure because of the possibility of contaminated water.
The notice was issued on Tuesday, Jan. 4, for all residents located from the intersection of Hwy. 282 and Hwy. 64 North to Clyde Cate Road and Martin Lane.
The ADH says the contaminated water may have entered the distribution system due to contractors hitting the water main.
All customers affected by the notice are advised that the water may be unsafe for human consumption, and water used for drinking or food preparation must be boiled briskly for one minute prior to use. This includes discarding all ice cubes and using only boiled water for making ice.
The notice will be lifted by the ADH when one set of one bacteriological sample indicates the water is free of bacterial contamination and at an adequate disinfectant level is throughout the distribution system.