VAN BUREN, Ark. — Baptist Health announced that it has opened a new urgent care center in Van Buren.
According to Baptist Health's press release, the new center will offer urgent care, family care, and occupational health services in the event that illness or injuries arise that need immediate attention.
The center will be open seven days a week with the following hours:
- Monday through Friday - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
“Whether it’s a minor injury, vaccination, sports physicals or other wellness care, it’s important for families to have a quality healthcare option that is comprehensive and affordable – and in a convenient location,” said Mike Dupuis, vice president of Urgent Team Family of Urgent Care & Walk-in Centers. “Urgent care services are a faster, cost-effective option to replace the emergency room for non-life-threatening issues, or waiting to get an appointment with your physician.
Most insurance plans, including TRICARE and VA, Medicare and Medicaid, as well as cash and credit card are accepted, according to Baptist Health.
Individuals in need of treatment can either walk-in, schedule a visit online, or reserve a telemedicine visit at the Urgent Care center. Common illnesses and injuries treated at the facility include:
- Asthma and allergies
- Medically supervised weight loss
- Flu, colds, viral illnesses
- Ear and eye injuries
- Bites, stings, allergic reactions
- Skin conditions, including burns
- Broken bones, sprains, strains
- COVID-19 testing and vaccination
- School, sports, wellness and DOT physicals
- Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Urinary tract infections
- Occupational health services
More information on the new Urgent Care center in Van Buren can be found here.
Download the 5NEWS app on your smartphone:
Stream 5NEWS 24/7 on the 5+ app: How to watch the 5+ app on your streaming device
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email KFSMDigitalTeam@tegna.com.