ARKANSAS, USA — Valentine's Day is on Monday, Feb.14, but this week’s Simon Says is not about that.
I've had several people message me on social media saying they've been struggling with loneliness and depression, especially during the pandemic.
Valentine's Day can sometimes exasperate those feelings but please know that you are not alone.
Feeling down this time of year can impact people of all ages, even kids.
Here are some ways to show more love to yourself:
1. Practice self-care
- Book a massage
- Stream a yoga class or your favorite movie/show at home
- Go get a manicure or pedicure
- Cook yourself a nice dinner
2. Write down 10 things you love about yourself
3. Here are some mantras to copy/paste and save as a note on your phone. Feel free to write or add any other ones that speak to you.
- I am ready and willing to see things differently.
- I am enough.
- Happiness is my right no matter the circumstances.
- I create the life I want. What I seek is also seeking me.
- I am releasing any fears or limiting beliefs.
Self-love and compassion are powerful, and it's a simple mind-shift. We are our own worst critics. You would never say the mean things you say to yourself to anyone else, especially to the people you love.
When the negative self-talk starts creeping in, turn back to those affirmations and the list of things you love about yourself. Become your own source of motivation and inspiration.
Your relationship with yourself sets the bar for every relationship in your life.
Stay tuned for future Simon Says episodes by following along on the following social media sites:
- Twitter: @5NEWSLaura
- Facebook: Laura Simon
- Instagram: laura_simon.tv
- Email: Laura.Simon@kfsm.com
HOW TO ADD THE 5NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KFSM in the Channel Store.
For Fire TV, search for "KFSM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email KFSMDigitalTeam@tegna.com.